09 Oct Dental Implants
The loss of teeth can be a frustrating irritation that affects not only your beautiful smile, but your daily functions of speaking and eating. Whether the loss is from an injury or neglected oral care, Prescott Dentistry is here to help! We are located in Prescott, Arizona, and provide great general general and cosmetic dentistry to give you the best smile possible. Prescott Dentistry wants to help you feel more confident in your smile and the daily functions many take for granted. Dental implants can be a huge benefit in mouth restoration.
When it comes to strong, healthy ways to replace lost teeth, dental implants may be the best option for you. A dental implant is a metal post placed beneath your gum into the jawbone that replaces the root of your lost tooth and provides a strong foundation for your new crown or replacement tooth to sit on. It offers strong support for the teeth, whether they are dentures, bridges or crowns. The dental implants ensure the artificial teeth will not slip or move when eating or speaking.
There are many long lasting benefits to dental implants. These include:
- Natural Feel: With dental implants, the teeth surrounding the gap will not need to be ground down or prepared to stabilize the new replacements, leaving your mouth with a normal feel.
- Strength: The metal post being planted into the jaw bone increases the strength and stability of the replacement tooth. Your new tooth may need periodic adjustments, but with good maintenance and oral care it will last you a lifetime.
- Protection: The loss of teeth can not only cause daily functioning concerns, but can hinder the structure of your jawbone. The dental implants increase the healthy bone structure and stimulates preservation of your bone.
- No Cavities: The implants are made from a strong material that limits cavities from being able to grow. Good oral care is still highly recommended, however!
- Increased Self-Confidence: Improving the ability to eat or speak will also increase your desire to smile as well as your self-confidence!
There is no price you can put on your self-confidence and your smile. Smiling is an important aspect of life that is important not only to your ability to speak and eat, but also for you to have a healthy emotional capacity for self-confidence. Recognize your worth. See us today at Prescott Dentistry to give yourself a boost of confidence through dental implants or other cosmetic dentistry services.
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (10/10/2017) Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry Surprise PVPD (Flickr)